Substitute sauerkraut into your menu
It’s easy to get healthy kraut into many meals
Yes, sauerkraut is known as a classic topping on sausages and burgers. But, food service pros can also serve it as a side-dish or a key ingredient in a recipe. Plus, watch our recipe videos for quick and profitable menu ideas. Here are some fun ways to substitute kraut into everyday meals.
- Replace lettuce with sauerkraut on nachos or tacos.
- Next time you prepare a stuffed pepper, fill it with kraut.
- Use kraut to make a salad with a kick. Top it with an oil-based salad dressing.
- Sauerkraut Cupcakes! Replace high-fat butter and oil in a German chocolate cupcake batter recipe with sauerkraut and applesauce.
- How crazy do you want to get? Instead of a JagerBomb™, make a KrautBomb by combining 1 oz. Jagermeister™ and 3 oz. kraut juice. Prost!
- For coleslaw or oriental salad, use drained and rinsed sauerkraut to save yourself the time of chopping up cabbage.
- Add rinsed kraut to fried rice for extra crunch.
- Use rinsed sauerkraut instead of coconut flakes in cookies and cakes.
- Putting sauerkraut in stir-frys and egg rolls instantly gives the dish a complex Asian flavor.