Pork Belly Lettuce Wrap
lettuce wraps method:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine kraut, cilantro, mint, cabbage, carrots, sriracha, olive oil, lime juice, and rice vinegar together. Prepare pieces of lettuce head to form cups. Place a piece of sliced pork belly on the lettuce and top with slaw. Garnish with roasted peanuts.
Pork belly method:
- In a coffee grinder or food processor, grind all spices. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the orange zest, sugar, and salt.
- Rub the pork belly with the dry cure and refrigerate for 48 hours.
- On day 2, rinse the pork belly and place in a large roasting pan. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Cover belly with rich chicken stock and cover pan. Place in oven and cook overnight, about 6 hours.
- Remove belly from braising liquid, drain, and cut into serving pieces.
- To serve, sear the fat side of the belly until crispy and glaze with bbq sauce.
Mustard BBQ Sauce method:
- In a medium saucepot, combine all ingredients and cook over medium-low heat for approximately 15-20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.