Bavarian Meatball Sub Sandwichoos
Bavarian Meatball Sub Sandwich Method:
- Combine meatballs and sauce onto sub rolls.
- Top with bavarian kraut, shredded cheese, and horseradish mayo.
- Toast in oven until bread is toasted and cheese begins to melt.
- Cook the garlic and onion in the olive oil in a saucepot over a medium-low flame, about 5 minutes or until garlic is tender and onions translucent, not brown.
- Add remaining tomato products, peppers, sugar, and chicken stock. Stir and bring to a simmer. Add fresh herbs and season to taste with paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and cover. Simmer sauce for 20-25 minutes.
- Place the chicken stock, onion, garlic and herbs in a blender of food processor and puree. In a large bowl, combine the pureed stock mix, meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, red pepper flakes, parsley and salt.
- Put a little olive oil on your hands and form mixture into balls a little larger than golf balls. Cover the bottom of a large sauté pan with extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium-high flame. Add the meatballs to the pan, working in batches if necessary and sauté until golden brown.
- While the meatballs are browning, heat the marinara sauce in a stockpot over medium heat. Lift the meatballs out of the sauté pan with a slotted spoon and put them in the marinara sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes.